AFL Sapphire Coast Competition Update
AFL Sapphire Coast Competition Update – Friday September 10th, 2021
Following the NSW Government announcement yesterday of an indefinite extension to the current stay-at-home orders for the Bega and Eurobodalla Shires, along with the disclosure of multiple cases within both those LGA’s, AFL Sapphire Coast, in consultation with AFL NSW/ACT has made the tough decision to abandon the remainder of the 2021 AFL Sapphire Coast season.
AFL Sapphire Coast has, in consultation with Clubs, made considerable efforts to complete the season in meaningful way. However, the latest announcement has left us with no viable way to complete the 2021 season in a safe and meaningful way.
AFL Sapphire Coast, in consultation with AFL NSW/ACT, have made the following additional decisions:
- 2021 Premierships will not be awarded.
- Individual awards (eg; Best and Fairest, Leading Goal Kickers) will be awarded at a date to be announced (likely to be via online methods).
- With no premiers being awarded, the League records will acknowledge this season’s Minor Premiers as follows.
- Men’s Division 1 – Tathra Sea-Eagles
- Women’s – Tathra Sea-Eagles
- Men’s Division 2 – Eden Whalers
- Under 17 Boys – Broulee/Moruya GIANTS
- Under 15s Boys – Merimbula Diggers
- Under 15s Youth Girls – Bermagui Breakers
- Under 13s Mixed – Pambula Panthers
- Under 11s Mixed – Merimbula Diggers
I would like to personally thank the entire AFL Sapphire Coast community for the effort and passion you have shown for our competition over especially the last 2 seasons. This has been an incredibly challenging time and without you all, our competition would not be where it is today.
Thank you to all our Administrators, Players, Coaches, and all club volunteers for the work you have put in this year. Your efforts certainly do not go unnoticed.
I hope to see you all back in your club colours next season for what we hope is a cracking 2022!
Competition & Development Coordinator