AFL NATIONAL INCLUSION CARNIVAL
The AFL National Inclusion Carnival is an annual representative carnival for male athletes with an intellectual disability.
The week-long carnival not only gives some of Australia’s most talented footballers the chance to represent their State/Territory but it is also an opportunity to showcase the significant abilities of footballers with an Intellectual Disability to the broader community.
AFL NSW/ACT will send a team of 16 players to the 2018 AFL National Inclusion Carnival in Launceston, Tasmania from June 18-24.
Trials will be held at Blacktown International Sportspark on the following dates/times:
Monday, May 14 – 4.30pm to 6.30pm
Monday, May 21 – 6.00pm to 8.00pm
- Male 16 years or older
- IQ 75 or below
- 2 deficit areas of adaptive behaviour
- Intellectual disability must be evident prior to the age of 18
- A formal psychological assessment
- A signed statement by a psychologist or doctor which confirms a diagnosis of intellectual disability
- Proof of attendance at a special school/college for students with intellectual disability
- Diagnosis by state or government receipt of support, clearly identifying the support required as resulting from intellectual disability
For more information visit http://aflnswact.com.au/afl-national-inclusion-carnival/